In 2018-19, the Andersonville Chamber of Commerce released a beautifully redesigned version of our annual Neighborhood Guide. What once was strictly used as a directory for the neighborhood, has now become a coffee-table quality publication with an editorial approach to showcasing Andersonville and its businesses in a photo-forward manner. Guides are distributed locally, to downtown Chicago tourism destinations and hotels, and are mailed to out-of-state visitors who request copies in advance of travel.
This year, we are seeking contributor submissions for the 2019-20 edition of the Guide from local residents, writers, artists, and photographers, whether professional or hobbyist. We are looking to add additional pages of featured content, and hoping to showcase the neighborhood from a local or visitor’s perspective. This contributor content request is open to all ages. People of color, women, persons with disabilities, and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender non-conforming or intersex are encouraged to submit.
Anticipated release of the 2019-20 Andersonville Neighborhood Guide is May 2019.
We are looking for the following:
- Andersonville Neighborhood Photography
- We know many of you LOVE taking photos of our iconic Water Tower, Dala Horse, Puppet Bike, local shops, streetscape, and more. Submitted neighborhood photos will be considered for the cover of the 2019-20 Guide as well as interior features. All photos chosen for publication will credit the photographer on our Guide table of contents.
- Neighborhood stories or editorial features, both fiction or nonfiction
- Neighborhood Reflections such as:
- Tell us about what you love most about Andersonville.
- What is the first thing you noticed about this neighborhood?
- If you could trade places with an Andersonville business for a day, who would it be?
- Neighborhood illustrations, graphic design, or local artists features
- Submission Form: All applicants must complete the entry form here. If you are choosing to submit a Neighborhood Reflection, the form is the only thing we need!
- Photo and Artwork: If your submission includes photography or artwork, please email print-ready high resolution images in jpeg, PSD, EPS, or TIFF format sized at 300 dpi to firstname.lastname@example.org. For cell-phone photographers who may have captured the perfect shot of Andersonville, but aren’t sure of the size or quality, please submit to us the original photo file at full-size, unedited.
- Written Content: If your submission includes written content, please submit proofread and edited work in a PDF format with author(s) credit.
- File Format: Label all submitted files with your name, title of the work, and numeration (lastname_firstname_title_1).
- Deadline: The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce will accept submissions through February 15, 2019.
ABOUT THE ANDERSONVILLE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Andersonville Chamber of Commerce fosters a vibrant environment in which Andersonville businesses can thrive by attracting a diverse customer base; providing business support services and advocacy; and engaging in business attraction, long-range planning, and economic development.