This week, we met up with Maybelline Pereda, the owner and founder of Cescas Margarita Bar & Grill, a Mexican restaurant located in the heart of Andersonville (5403 N Clark). Cescas is home to craft margaritas, expansive brunch and dinner menus, and a dog-friendly cozy patio to help you kick off the upcoming summer months!
“[Good hospitality] means everything. When I first opened the restaurant… the fact that I was always there to meet and greet every single customer that came through meant a lot to that customer, and it meant a lot to me.”
Listen to Episode 7 with Maybelline Pereda!
Here are some of Maybelline’s references from Episode 7 that you may want to check out:
- On June 24, Cescas will be celebrating their 4th year anniversary in Andersonville.
- Maybelline was faced with the passing of her husband, the original owner of the restaurant, only 3 weeks after opening. From there, she took up full ownership and has been running the place ever since – she credits her success to the community that Andersonville fostered.
- Cescas prides themselves in serving fresh food daily, which is prepared by hand, as it would be in a traditional Mexican home. View their menus here.
- Cinco de Mayo is not Mexican independence day. It is actually a small battle that was fought and won against France. While acknowledged in Mexico, Cinco de Mayo is more popularly celebrated in the United States. Learn more here.
- Cescas hosts 14 different flavors of margaritas, in addition to 10 specialty crafted flavors. Each one is made using high-end artisanal tequila and Mezcal. Cescas is currently featuring a margarita with Mezcal and Chamoy! To browse the flavors, visit their Cantina menu here.
- This Cinco de Mayo, Cescas will be officially opening their patio, which will feature a full taco bar (come summertime!), where customers can watch their tacos being made. Cescas was just named one of the best patios in Chicago in a recent Urban Matter article!
- The Mexican brunch featured on the weekends at Cescas hosts several signature family dishes, such as Huevos con Chorizo, Chilaquiles, and Molletes. Browse their full brunch menu here.