For our first episode of #AlwaysAndersonville: The Podcast, we introduce you to Andersonville; a neighborhood full of rich history and an amazing collection of local and independent businesses owners.
Get to know the Andersonville Chamber of Commerce staff as they dive into their first interview with Michael Bransford, owner of local bistro Vincent. Michael’s story is a love story – one about falling for this Midwest neighborhood in the big city of Chicago after leaving New York City. Read more about Michael’s history here.
“I used to think the word community was kind of cheesy, but now, it’s what makes the world go ’round.”
– Michael Bransford
Listen to Episode 1 with Michael Bransford!
Vincent is located at 1475 W Balmoral in Andersonville
As we dove into the interview with Michael, he made a few references you may want to check out!
- Who is Danny Meyer? Michael mentions working and training under him in New York City
- Michael mentions that the restaurant opened to serve Dutch food and eventually was named after someone’s cat named Vincent, but also Vincent Van Gogh. Learn about this famous Dutch painter.
- Michael has developed friendships neighboring businesses Defloured: A Gluten Free Bakery located next door (1477 W Balmoral) and Norcross and Scott (1476 W Berwyn). Together, these businesses support each other and often do cross-collaboration.
- Vincent restaurant is closed Monday nights in order to host special pop-ups and projects for the community. They also host a charity badminton tournament every few years! If you are interested in hosting a community event at Vincent, please contact the team at: email@example.com or 773-334-7168
- Spring menu items to look forward to: Roasted chicken with spaetzle and fried kale – sign us up! View the entire menu
- Michael would like to trade places with Matthew at Cowboys and Astronauts (1478 W Summerdale ) for a day, as he finds sorting product relaxing! Stay tuned for a podcast episode with Matthew soon! Michael also mentions the beautiful curated storefront of Martha Mae: Art Supplies & Beautiful Things (5407 N Clark).
“I’m really happy where I ended up, and I don’t regret anything… I feel very blessed to live here, and I’m probably never leaving”
– Michael Bransford