This week, Laura and Joelle are joined by Michael Plageman, American Family Insurance Agent at the Plageman Agency, Inc. Michael has been a longtime supporter of the Andersonville Chamber of Commerce. As one reviewer said, “Michael is an amazing agent and consummate professional.” With offices in Park Ridge and Lakeview, Michael is ready and willing to tackle all of insurance needs. He is also a sponsor of our upcoming Taste of Andersonville progressive dinner crawl on Wednesday, August 15!
“For me, I wanted to marry that things that I wanted to do; have a business, but also do something important for the community.”
– Michael Plageman
Listen to Episode 21 with Michael Plageman!
Here are some references from Episode 21 that you may want to check out:
- Michael was born in Ohio, then lived in Indiana up until 5 years ago when he moved to Chicago in 2013, right before the Polar Vortex.
- Michael’s background is in Development for non-profits. He worked specially with the Boy Scouts of America and The Damien Center. He gained his sense of community and giving back from this first half of his career.
- Michael started as an agent with American Family Insurance only two years ago. He got all of his licensing first (home, auto, life, etc.) in order to open his own offices.
- Michael protects anywhere you live and anything you drive, as well as the items within the home. He also provides insurance for small businesses. View plans here.
- The DreamKeep initiative that Michael mentions is a program American Family Insurance has launched as a rewards program for their customers.
- Get renters insurance! Michael explains why renters insurance is important for covering items to be replaced immediately and also to provide the money to put you elsewhere.
- Bundling does save you money! Michael is also licensed in 8 different states so he can better assist customers with secondary homes in other states. He’s able to work with umbrella liability insurance across all properties.
- Michael is sponsoring the 2018 Taste of Andersonville progressive dinner crawl on August 15, has sponsored other events in the past, and is a regular attendee of our Third Thursday Networking event, doing his best to bring other professionals to each one.
- Michael would love to switch places with Urban Pooch (5400 N Damen) and George’s Ice Cream & Sweets (5306 N Clark).
” Consistency is the number one key of being successful at networking events. Networking is nothing without good follow up.”
– Michael Plageman