This week, Laura and Sara are joined by Dr. Mark Sachse, chiropractic director of Chiro One Wellness Center of Andersonville. Mark is passionate about helping families and individuals. Chiro One believes you should be able to enjoy extraordinary wellness and the staff at their Andersonville center wants to help you live a better life, free of pain at 5623 N. Clark.
“My job is to look at the root cause of anything going on and see how I can allow your body to operate more efficiently and whether that puts you over a threshold of where things can possibly get better for you.”
– Dr. Mark Sachse
Listen to Episode 66 with Dr. Mark Sachse!
Here are some references from Episode 66 that you may want to check out:
- Dr. Mark started receiving chiropractic care because of asthma. Since his mom was already seeing a chiropractor, he joined her and found he needed his inhaler less and was able to play more.
- He didn’t begin his career journey as a chiropractor, but instead worked on films. As that became more and more stressful, he wanted to do something that would serve people instead.
- Dr. Mark has family in Milwaukee, and moved back there after completing school in L.A. due to family sickness. After being there for a bit, he decided to move to Chicago. Learn more about Dr. Mark Sachse here.
- Looking at different cultures in history, there’s always been a form of manual medicine. Chiropractic was somewhat rediscovered in the late 1800s. Chiropractors detect and remove subluxation, or the shifting of vertebrae, which can put pressure on the spinal cord as well as nerves that exit the spine. The shifts leads to the brain being unable to communicate effectively with the body, creating spine and muscle pain. By fixing the position of the vertebrae, the pain can go away.
- If your body is functioning better, you’re less likely to have any kind of illness or problem. That being said, an adjustment can’t cure something like diabetes; however if your brain is communicating better with you pancreas, you’re more likely to thrive.
- When customers come into Chiro One with a specific complaint, that complaint is always addressed in their appointment; however Dr. Mark and his team also look for other things that could be affecting the nervous system and address those as well.
- There are all kinds of ways to adjust the body, as every person has a different set of needs, comfort levels, and everyone’s body itself is a little different.
- Dr. Mark reminds us that sleep is super important, and we should work to get 8-9 hours a night, as well as paying attention to good form and making sure your pillow supports you.
- In addition to adults and the elderly, Chiro One also sees infants and children. Dr. Mark explains that coming into the world isn’t easy for such a fragile body, so it can be really helpful for infants to see a chiropractor.
- Chiro One also hosts Meet the Doctor events in restaurants around Andersonville. These are meant to be open, educational discussions about health. The goal is to help the community feel comfortable, and to help people find the best solution to their health problems, whether it’s through Chiro One’s services or another route. See the Chiro One event calendar here.
- Chiro One also has a Be Well Blog that helps addresses health related issues, like are there toxins in your household?, tips for better sleep, tips for studying, what kinds of vitamins you should be getting, and more. It’s all about education.
- Dr. Mark struggled to pick a Andersonville business to swap with as he’s experienced connections and relationships with so many of them. He mentioned Piatto Pronto (5624 N Clark), Big City Optical (5653 N Clark), and Candiality (5225 N Clark) before exclaiming he couldn’t just pick one.