This week, Laura and Joelle are joined by Realtor Lisa Blume of The Blume Group. With over 20 years of sales, marketing and advertising experience, Lisa brings her in-depth knowledge to Chicago residential real estate buyers & sellers and specializes in Andersonville, Edgewater and Uptown with a great understanding of neighborhood markets, home staging and marketing, Lisa is with you every step of the way.
“You’re in charge of your own destiny. If you like that, this career could be for you.”
– Lisa Blume
Listen to Episode 69 with Lisa Blume!
Here are some references from Episode 69 that you may want to check out:
- Lisa is originally from Louisville Kentucky, but has been living in Chicago for 18 years. Although originally moving for a man, she instantly fell in love with Chicago and never left.
- Before The Blume Group, Lisa worked in advertising and media for home magazines. This gave her the opportunity to be around great designers and stagers, and to pick up those skills organically, as well as develop a keen eye for photography.
- From that experience she also learned a lot about sales, and how to do marketing online. That has made the transition to The Blume Group easier as she can help her clients with those things.
- As well as selling a client’s house, Lisa also makes sure to personally stage it, along with giving the clients a list of things to do or get rid of to help the house sell faster. The weirdest thing she had to tell a client to do was to get rid of a beer kegerator!
- Lisa moved from Lakeview to Andersonville around seven years ago to have more space for her and her daughter. The tree lined blocks and having the restaurants on Clark within walking distance made them fall in love with the neighborhood.
- To new homeowners moving to Chicago, Lisa would describe Andersonville simply as a neighborhood, an unexpected one among many in Chicago, as well as a great community.
- Some of Lisa’s tips for selling a home would be to stage it and make the pictures look amazing. She also likes to create a sense of urgency with limited open houses and scheduling appointments back to back. Find more tips for selling here.
- One of the benefits of home ownership is that it can be cheaper than renting. Mortgage rates are quite low right now and they’re not expected to go up over the course of the year.
- When looking for houses in specific school districts, Lisa recommends her clients to visit greatschools.org, as a good school can be subjective. If the client is a couple, she makes sure they’re on the same page. Then she’ll figure out what’s important to them and make sure they land in the right place.
- Lisa’s story was featured in this year’s 2019-20 Andersonville Neighborhood Guide, which she wanted to do to help support the neighborhood and get more involved with the Chamber. Her experience with Anjali Pinto was amazing and she hopes to become the Andersonville go-to realtor by supporting the community.
- One piece of advice for someone looking to enter the Realtor field is that it’s hard work and you need to be available 24/7. The work is flexible, but not easy.
- Lisa’s favorite architectural style is an American Four Square. Although, she’s also interested in two-flat and three-flats.
- Lisa has three Andersonville businesses she’d like to switch with. The first being A Taste of Heaven (5401 N Clark), so she could ensure they make the cherry quiche weekly. The second business is George’s Ice Cream & Sweets (5306 N Clark), to save money on all the ice cream her and her daughter get there. Last but not least is Gethsemane Garden Center (5739 N Clark) because of the memories and the joy it brings her.
This week’s episode is sponsored by locally-owned Pearle Vision on Clark & Lawrence at 4818 N Clark.