Andersonville Chamber of Commerce & Andersonville Sustainability Community Alliance hiring Exectuive Director
Andersonville Chamber of Commerce (ACC) and Andersonville Sustainability Community Alliance (ASCA) seek an entrepreneurial Executive Director with proven skills in management, neighborhood economic development, and relationship building to lead our progressive organizations. Andersonville is a neighborhood within the City of Chicago with values grounded in support of locally owned, independent businesses and long-term environmental and economic sustainability.
ACC fosters a vibrant environment in which Andersonville businesses can thrive by attracting a diverse customer base. Key initiatives include events and promotions that drive traffic to businesses, business owner support, business attraction, commercial district planning, and advocacy.
ASCA supports a vibrant and resilient Andersonville through innovation, education, and research. Key initiatives include eco-Andersonville community composting, commercial district recycling, place making, and the Green Building Incentive program.
The Chamber is looking for a highly experienced candidate with both the visionary and management skills that immediately instills confidence in the member community and staff and, additionally, can envision, communicate and implement a compelling vision for the future.
Position Title: Executive Director
Salaried, full time, exempt position
Reports to: Boards of Directors of ACC and ASCA
The Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Andersonville Chamber of Commerce and Andersonville Sustainability Community Alliance’s staff, programs, and execution of its mission. The Executive Director also oversees the operations of Andersonville Special Service Area #22.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Leadership & Management
● In partnership with the boards of directors, and through convening key stakeholders, develop and implement the strategic plan for Andersonville’s future.
● Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence and consistent quality of the ACC and ASCA brands along with all finance, administrative, fundraising, communication systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
● Be responsible for the recruitment and employment of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers.
● Lead, mentor, and inspire the organizations’ staff; maintaining a climate that attracts, keeps, and motivates top quality people.
● Actively energize and engage the business and residential communities in support of a well connected, well resourced neighborhood.
● Connect with other resonant organizations and programs, incorporating and sharing best practices.
● Manage and support staff in all program areas and ensure that the programs support the organizations’ strategic goals.
● Define organizational and programmatic success, ensure effective systems to track progress toward that success, regularly evaluate, and communicate such evaluation to the boards, ACC members, and other constituents.
● Manage the operations and administration of Andersonville Special Service Area #22.
● Prepare budgets, manage and communicate financials.
● Be the external face of the organizations.
● Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups, organizations, and elected officials.
On behalf of the Andersonville Chamber of Commerce, advocate for local business-friendly public policy including property taxes, fair and clear business fees and licenses, incidental business taxes, zoning, subsidies.
Success in this position will be evaluated based on the ability of the Director to listen to the varied interests of community members, find and achieve consensus, and supportively act for the advancement of common good.
Candidates should demonstrate a clear career commitment to local business support, community engagement, and environmental sustainability. Other qualifications include:
● At least 10 years experience in management, small business support, economic development, and/or community engagement.
● Advanced degree or relevant experience in Urban Planning, Community Development or related field (recommended, but not required)
● Excellence in organizational management with the ability to lead staff; manage and develop high performing teams; set and achieve strategic objectives; manage a budget; and provide financial oversight
●Demonstrably excellent skills in:
○ convening and facilitation within diverse constituencies
○ organizational management
○ providing staff mentorship
○ budgeting and financial oversight
○ building relationships with members, residents, and elected officials
○ general fundraising principles
● Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills
● Experience in project management and process development
Salary and Benefits
Annual salary is commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package.
Email cover letter describing your interest, resume, three professional references, and salary range/requirements to: email@example.com Subject Heading: Executive Director Search
NO phone calls, please. For more information about the organizations, please visit www.andersonville.org