Andersonville has plenty of great dining and shopping ideas for Father’s Day this weekend, but a select number of businesses want to help you make this weekend extra memorable!
Bring Dad to Giordano’s of Andersonville for an evening of Sam Adams small-batch and limited release beers, and a specialty crafted menu for the second Sam Adams Beer Dinner. Dad can enjoy five carefully selected Sam Adams varieties sampled alongside delicious and fresh food items specially crafted by the talented Giordano’s chefs. Some of the enticing pairs include:
· Spicy Korean chicken with cucumber kimchee alongside a rare German-style, Got to Gose (one of 4 restaurants in Chicago to carry this specialty beer)
· Extra thin pizza with roasted pear, bacon, balsamic onion and bleu cheese, served with Angry Orchard: Stone Dry
· White ale caramelized chicken leg served alongside a Nitro White Ale
· Shrimp, citrus and avocado salad pairs nicely with the flavor profile of the Summer Ale
· Pulled pork sandwich with Coney Island BBQ Sauce & slaw pairs with contemporary flavors, such as the Coney Island Hard Root Beer
All five of these creative pairings are sure to please both foodies and beer lovers alike, making for a feel-good experience.
Tickets are $29.95 per person and include all five tasting stations for the entirety of the two hour event (6 to 9PM), plus a Sam Adams pint glass to take home. The tasting will take place upstairs at the Andersonville location, starting at 6PM. After the event, all Sam Adams draft beer will be available at the bar for $2 for the remainder of the night.
Give the Gift of Entertainment
That’s Weird, Grandma is a variety show of short sketches and songs adapted from stories written by students in Barrel of Monkeys’ arts education programs. The weekly show, now in its 15th year, runs the gamut from clever and funny to touching and poignant, and includes live music, original song-and-dance numbers, wigs and props galore, and a rotating cast of talented professional actors who celebrate the imaginations of children through this raucous performance.
Celebrating on Father’s Day – Sunday, June 19
5253 N. Clark
This year we will pick up your dad’s tab! Join us on Brunch Buffet or for dinner. Valid when four or more entrees are ordered. Not valid with any other offers. Valid only on Father’s Day. Andies Restaurant is a family owned and operated. Andies has a caring and professional staff that know the meaning of keeping our guests very happy!
5061 N. Clark St.
Serving iced tea & pretzels all day while you shop!
The T-Shirt Deli
1482 W. Berwyn
20% off merchandise for all fathers on Father’s Day!