The annual Andersonville Neighborhood Guide is a coffee-table quality publication with an editorial approach to showcasing Andersonville and its businesses in a photo-forward manner. Guides are distributed locally, to downtown Chicago tourism destinations and hotels, and are mailed to out-of-state visitors who request copies in advance of travel. Last year for the 2019-20 edition of the Guide, we were proud to dedicate a large editorial section of the book to neighborhood contributions, featuring photographs, short stories and interviews from those that call Andersonville home.
This year, we are excited to once again seek contributor submissions from local residents, writers, artists, and photographers, whether professional or hobbyist. We are looking to showcase the neighborhood from a local or visitor’s perspective. This contributor content request is open to all ages. People of color, women, persons with disabilities, and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender non-conforming or intersex are encouraged to submit.
We do have some ideas for this year’s editorial content. Read on to learn more!
Anticipated release of the 2020-21 Andersonville Neighborhood Guide is May 2020.
We are looking for the following:
- New this year – Pets of Andersonville: We know we have a ton of pet lovers living here, and we’d love to feature yours in photographic glory! We are looking to put together a Shop Dogs of Andersonville Editorial feature followed by a Pets of Andersonville feature from our local residents. Please submit a high res photo of your pet, preferably photographed out and about in Andersonville, along with your pet’s name and favorite Andersonville business to visit.
- New this year – The Andersonville Experience: Based on results from our 2019 Andersonville Consumer Survey, we know many people visit Andersonville for the “Four Hour Experience.” This means, they come to shop, eat, and experience our entertainment/nightlife, all in the same day. In an effort to illustrate this concept, we are collecting written submissions/quotes about your Andersonville Experience. How do you spend your ideal four hours here? What are some of your favorite businesses? Your submission can be a written quote or statement only or also include accompanying photos.
- Andersonville Neighborhood Photography
- We know many of you LOVE taking photos of our iconic Water Tower, Dala Horse, Puppet Bike, local shops, streetscape, and more. Submitted neighborhood photos will be considered for the cover of the 2020-21 Guide as well as interior features. All photos chosen for publication will credit the photographer on our Guide table of contents.
- Andersonville stories or editorial features, both fiction or nonfiction
- Andersonville specific Illustrations, graphic design, or artwork.
- Submission Form: All applicants must complete the entry form here. If you are choosing to submit a written Andersonville Experience, the form is the only thing we need!
- Photo and Artwork: If your submission includes photography or artwork, please email print-ready high resolution images in jpeg, PSD, EPS, or TIFF format sized at 300 dpi to email@example.com. For cell-phone photographers who may have captured the perfect shot of Andersonville, but aren’t sure of the size or quality, please submit to us the original photo file at full-size, unedited.
- Written Content: If your submission includes written content, please submit proofread and edited work in a PDF format with author(s) credit.
- File Format: Label all submitted files with your name, title of the work, and numeration (lastname_firstname_title_1).
- Deadline: The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce will accept submissions through March 16, 2020.
Due to a possible large number of submissions, we cannot guarantee inclusion in the Guide or a response as to why your submission was not included for this year’s edition.
ABOUT THE ANDERSONVILLE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Andersonville Chamber of Commerce fosters a vibrant environment in which Andersonville businesses can thrive by attracting a diverse customer base; providing business support services and advocacy; and engaging in business attraction, long-range planning, and economic development.