CMP Book Club: Radical Acceptance by Dr. Tara Brach
10:00 am - 11:00 am
Do you have every good intention to implement all the great ideas in self-help books but forget about them in “real life”? Our book club is a fun, social place to read, discuss and together implement ideas that are meant to enhance your life and teach you something. Our book is Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life with the Heart of a Buddha, by Tara Brach, Ph.D.
- Learn to free yourself from the pain of “something is wrong with me” by accepting each present moment exactly as it is. This becomes a moment of freedom.
- Question what the author means by certain concepts
- Discuss how the author’s perspective/suggestions are helpful to YOU
- Implement the book’s concepts in your real life
- Share the support, accountability and nitty-gritty experience of others that are doing that as well
- Have fun with each other!
Facilitated by Susan Kogan, LCPC. Susan has been a family therapist and supervisor for over 25 years and began daily meditation in 2012. She has been using mindfulness in her own relationships and with clients and has witnessed first-hand its power to facilitate deeper, more compassionate communication and connections.
When: The second Saturday of the month from 10-11am
Cost: $180 total for 6 months payable up front or $35 each month by credit card; no refunds for missed months
To register: visit chicagomindfulpsychotherapy.com or call 773-368-9619