Andersonville Honors Gala
Thursday, April 9, 2015
Celebrating the best of Andersonville!
2015 marks the 50th anniversary of the naming of the Andersonville community, and for their 4th annual Andersonville Honors event, the Andersonville Development Corporation is excited to partner with The Neo-Futurists, the 2014 winner of Arts Organization of the Year. To be held on Thursday, April 9th at 6:30 pm, they will present a one-night-only, one-of-a-kind Andersonville-themed Too Much Light Makes The Baby Go Blind, the groundbreaking and ever-evolving attempt to perform 30 Plays in 60 Minutes that is the longest running show in Chicago theater history (25 years+!). Held at the theater’s longtime home at 5153 N. Ashland, the evening will feature great food and drink from Andersonville businesses (complete list below), a fantastic silent auction, and, of course, the presentation of the 2015 Andersonville Honors, recognizing outstanding businesses in Andersonville.
Tickets can be purchased at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/1369643. In honor of Andersonville’s 50th anniversary celebration, event tickets are $50 per person. A special VIP ticket for $95 includes a ticket to a future show with The Neo-Futurists, a ticket to a future show with The pH Comedy Theater, and a token for the Neo-Futurists’ photo booth to create a keepsake for you to take home commemorating the evening.
The evening will include food from Hopleaf (winner, Best Place to Eat and Best Place to Drink, 2014), Lady Gregory’s (winner, Best Place to Eat, 2013, nominee, Best Place to Eat and Best Place to Drink, 2015), and Cantina de la Granja (opening 2015). Beer will be provided by Metropolitan Brewing, wine from In Fine Spirits (winner, Best Place to Shop, 2012, nominee, Best Place to Shop 2015) and Andersonville Wine & Spirits (Winner, Best Place to Shop, 2014), and Koval Distillery will be pouring a special Andersonville-themed cocktail. For dessert, Taste of Lebanon and First Slice Pie Café (co-Winners, Hidden Gem Award 2014) will be providing some sweet treats to go along with coffee from La Colombe (nominee, Welcome Addition Award 2015).
Before you attend the event, cast your vote to name the winners of our eight business-based awards categories:
- Welcome Addition Award, for best new business to open in 2014
- Good Neighbor Award, for the business that best exemplifies the spirit of community support and customer service.
- Arts Organization of the Year
- Service Organization of the Year
- Best Place to Eat
- Best Place to Drink
- Best Place to Shop
- Hidden Gem Award, for the best business that is a little ‘off of the beaten path’.
To see the finalists in each category and cast your votes, visit : https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HZ5GCXM
Voting continues through Friday, March 27th at 12:00 noon!
In addition, the winners of the follow two awards will also be presented at the Andersonville Honors Gala:
- The Eco-Andersonville Award, honoring a business or organization who has invested the most to lessen its carbon footprint. The recipient of this award will be chosen by the Eco-Andersonville committee of the Andersonville Development Corporatioin.
- The Mathiasson Community Service Award, established to honor Kurt Mathaisson, affectionately known as the “Mayor of Andersonville,” is an award the Chamber bestows on an INDIVIDUAL who most exemplifies Kurt’s devotion and commitment to the ongoing vitality of the Andersonville community. Nominations will come from the community at large; the Andersonville Chamber of Commerce Board will select the winner.