BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
A growing and dynamic network of businesses, invested in Andersonville and Chicago.
A LETTER FROM THE CHAMBER
Dear Business Owner,
Thank you for your interest in joining the Andersonville Chamber of Commerce as a Member, and thank you to our current members for your commitment. First and foremost, in an unprecedented year filled with hardship and challenges, we want to express that our mission is now, more than ever, to support your business. Andersonville has adapted and innovated, and as a result we are proud to serve a growing membership of over 415 small businesses throughout the north side and greater Chicagoland area. We are dedicated to the success of small businesses, and hope you see value in partnering with us.
A highlight of resources we provide include:
- New Business Attraction and Opening Support
- COVID-19 Resources
- Customer Attraction
- Business Resources
- Connect and Grow Your Network
- Event Programming
- Social Justice Advocacy
A few nuts and bolts. Did you know that all Chambers of Commerce are 501c(6) organizations? This means we are a non-profit whose financial stability is in part due to annual member dues. Our current rates of annual dues range from $175-550 per year, based on business size. Unfortunately, 501c(6) organizations are still ineligible for federal funding, and with no conventional special events in the near future, membership is critical to keep our organization afloat.
With that, we know it is a financially difficult time for many. Therefore, we are dedicated to providing flexible options and schedules for remitting dues. To apply for membership, click here. To arrange flexible options, email Heather Saenger, Program Manager, at email@example.com.
It took many years of hard work to create a thriving district anchored by a vibrant mix of small businesses, and although it will be a long road ahead with many unknowns still, we know that this community is stronger together.
The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce
NEW BUSINESS ATTRACTION AND OPENING
We are proud to represent a very dense business district with a growing membership of over 415 businesses, representing a diverse range of sectors. While COVID-19 has brought unprecedented challenges, we continue to bring new businesses to the area and look forward to a future where every storefront is occupied and any business owner has a space to call home. If you would like more information about opening your business in Andersonville, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In March of 2020, the Andersonville Chamber of Commerce pivoted quickly to provide a new dimension of business services; COVID-19 support and relief. The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce has launched a COVID-19 recovery campaign, #AlwaysAndersonville: Small Business Made. A Digital Tool Kit has been created and provided to businesses. The graphics included are available for use by the public as well, and customers can view the unified door signs in advance to understand what they will see upon visiting Andersonville. Additional support includes safety training, virtual sector calls for questions and feedback, communication and support for federal, state, and local funding opportunities and processes, elected official advocacy, fundraising, and virtual events. Click here to learn more.
The Andersonville Cares Initiative aims to keep our community safe and healthy during COVID-19 by providing information to Andersonville businesses and residents, connecting them with mental health resources, flu shots, and COVID testing and more. Click here to learn more.
Hot off the press! 2019-2020 Neighborhood Guides at the launch party hosted by Meetinghouse Tavern.
Whether you operate from a home office, hold a brick and mortar location, or are completely remote, we offer many ways of reaching your customer. They are:
- Our website, Andersonville.org which receives 3,000+ visitors per week
- The Andersonville Neighborhood Guide, pictured above, which reaches 45,000 consumers, visitors, and residents, as well as 150+ downtown hotels.
- Utilize our online member portal to share deals and promotions, job listings, special events, and connect with other members.
- Our public e-newsletter, The Andersonville Weekly (8,000+ emails) with an additional reach of 20,000 on social media.
- #AlwaysAndersonville: The Podcast which features business stories, hosted on Podbean and also available in the Apple Podcast and Spotify directories.
- IGTV: Record an Instagram TV episode for us featuring you and your business and we will post it to our feed.
We are here to help you navigate all aspects of opening, maintaining, and growing your small business. Whether you need to apply for a business license, obtain a sidewalk permit, or amplify your marketing and advertising efforts, we are here to help. To schedule a one-on-one consultation or submit questions, please email us at email@example.com or call 773-728-2995.
- Receive one-on-one consultations to help grow your business, navigate city services and programs.
- Support from SSA#22, our funding tool used by the Andersonville community to maintain a clean, attractive, and competitive commercial district. Funding comes from a nominal tax levy on each commercial property within the SSA service area.
- Stay up to date on legislative updates, construction alerts, and other news impacting your business through our member emails and private Facebook group.
- Access our free notary service.
- Participate in co-op advertising opportunities.
- Take advantage of the Chamber’s installment plans for advertising, sponsorship, and membership.
CONNECT & GROW YOUR NETWORK
Someday, we will meet again in person! We miss celebrating our members at our annual Andersonville Honors event, and hosting networking events like Third Thursdays and the Annual Members Meeting. These events are designed to connect business owners, community stakeholders, and entrepreneurs. But, we have shifted to connect our members to one another through:
- Virtual round-table sector calls
- Safety and training webinars
- Connections with block clubs, other Chambers, ward offices, state and national elected officials, and the Chicago Police Department through the Chamber’s ongoing partnerships.
Membership with the Chamber also allows you to access updated membership lists and a set of mailing labels once a year to directly reach other members.
Here in Andersonville, we know how to throw a party! In a typical year, we host more than 18 special events (including Midsommarfest, pictured above) throughout the year to showcase our members, area businesses, and to provide opportunities to engage with our community. For 2020, we have pivoted to hosting virtual and socially-distanced events with many opportunities to be featured and/or to sponsor. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to get involved! Click here to view all past and future events.
SOCIAL JUSTICE ADVOCACY
The mission of the Social Justice Committee is to support the movements and events in our neighborhood that align with our organizational values of equality, inclusion, and anti-racism. We work to make strategic changes within the Andersonville Chamber of Commerce as well as in the membership and wider community. This work centers on offering resources and trainings to neighborhood business owners and employees on the necessary and urgent work around anti-racism and allyship to the transgender/non-binary community as well as neurodiverse and other differently abled populations to provide safe and accessible spaces for all. Please contact us at email@example.com to get involved.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a 1:1 information meeting, receive further information on the value of membership, our events, our staff, and more.