Local Business Updates and Community Information
The Andersonville Chamber of Commerce is working daily to gather information pertinent to our community about continuing to support our local businesses in this time of need, while still remaining safe and following protocols put in place to contain COVID-19. Please stay tuned to this page for updated information about supporting restaurants, bars, local retailers and service businesses during this time.
Here are some FAQs that we are encountering:
- Which restaurants in Andersonville are offering delivery or curbside pickup? Please visit our ever-evolving list of Andersonville Restaurants. You can also view the city-wide Dining at a Distance tracker.
- How do I support the restaurants, retailers, health & wellness businesses, arts groups and neighborhood non-profits in this time of need? Order food, purchase a gift card, shop online, or donate the cost of your upcoming tickets
- Visit our list of Andersonville Retailers
- Visit our list of Andersonville Restaurants
- Visit our list of Andersonville Health & Wellness Businesses
- Visit our list of Andersonville Theatres and Non-Profits
- Donate: Several community GoFundMe pages have been set up for individual businesses. Visit our Andersonville Employee Relief campaign list, and the Chicago Service Relief website is another great resource, working to gather links to campaigns across the city. When available, we’ve also listed individual business GoFundMe links on our sector-based update pages. There is also a fund underway that generally supports Andersonville Restaurants
- Please see below for our 5 Ways to Love a Local Business Today for more ideas
- Which businesses are open? Who has closed? To support a business directly during Shelter in Place, please contact the business directly via their website or social media, as some businesses are still conducting curbside pickup. When in doubt, please call the business directly! In the meantime, we are working to update our Instagram stories @avillechamber to compile a list of who has posted updates.
- What is the City of Chicago currently advising or mandating? Visit cityofchicago.org/coronavirus – still the best place for the Chicago Department of Public Health’s latest updates. Locally, please visit the COVID-19 community response pages for the 40th Ward and 48th Ward.
- How can I support other community members in this time of need? Andersonville is helping with the Andersonville Edgewater Uptown Community Response Fund, now accepting donations. Please also consider a donation to Care for Real or volunteer (if you are healthy) for the 48th Ward Community Response Team. If you are a person in our community in need of assistance, please fill out the 48th Ward Community Response Request form.
In an effort to practice social intention in a time of social distancing, we want to share with you five ways to support your local economy and small business community during this time of uncertainty:
- Shop the Site: Many of our local businesses have fantastic websites and sell their products online. They work hard on maintaining these sites year round. Now is a great time to discover what’s available from the comfort of your couch.
- Love. Like. Share: What do you love about Andersonville? What businesses do you frequent and why do you keep returning? Now is the time to show these businesses some love in your social media feeds. Tag the business, tag us, and tag a friend who should check it out in the future. Also, don’t just follow your favorite businesses on social; like their posts and leave a comment too. All of this will help to boost a businesses’ visibility in weeks to come.
- Order Direct: Many of our local restaurants and cafes are able to deliver food straight to your home, or will allow you to order food for pick-up curbside with the ease of an app or a quick phone call. The Chamber is creating a list of restaurant resources for who’s providing which services.
- Use Your Voice: Now is a great time to catch up on reviewing your favorite shop, eatery, healthcare provider, or service business. Your positive reviews on Google, Yelp and Facebook will start building positive momentum for the months to come.
- Andersonville is Active: As the news changes each day, our businesses are making the difficult choices on how to adapt and continue operating in new capacities. We cannot stress enough; Andersonville is still open and active in many online and digital ways, and purchasing a gift card directly from your favorite businesses, or following any of our other four tips, directly supports them during this difficult time.
Thank you for your continued support of our business community! #alwaysandersonville